Monday 14 February 2011

My name is Zoe and I am a cheese-oholic

As anticipated, I am feeling rather toxic after an excessive weekend. I did have a lot of fun though, so I'm pretty sure it's allowed. However, I feel like I might give red wine, cheese and G&T a wide berth for the next few weeks days at least. I hope they don't feel abandoned.

Cousin Liz and I had a very good time catching up and putting the world to rights over a bottle (or two) of Rioja. When we weren't drinking, we were eating, and on the rare occasions we weren't doing either, we were probably preparing for or recovering from a different session of indulgence. Ah well, I can't be a respectable and upstanding member of the community at all times, that would be frightfully dull. I would like to spend just a line or two trying to put into words the extreme pleasure associated with the discovery of one Worcestershire sauce flavoured cheese - my cholesterol levels must have rocketed. I won't dwell on the memory too much - I still feel slightly sick.

We did manage to venture into the great outdoors on Saturday and I took Liz on a tour of the place where I work. I expect my general enjoyment of the outside world might become rather boring in as spring continues to...er....spring, but please humour me.

Crocus shoots - yay!

On Sunday I came over all cultural and went to see the Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead exhibition at the British Museum. It was very interesting, and my friends and I only giggled in corners once or twice.

Having decided that I would virtuously stick to lemonade during our post cultural drinkies, I accidentally drank about five G&Ts. Whoops. I hate it when that happens.   

No comments:

Post a Comment