Thursday 17 February 2011

Shoepershoe challenge #1 - off to a good start

I am a dedicated shoe-aholic and I have spent a good deal of time and money investing in a collection of beautiful shoes that I mostly never wear. For some reason I'm always drawn to the more fabulous end of the shoes spectrum and I work in a park where such footwear is rather out of place and occasionally looks downright stupid.

However, I think maybe 2011 is the year in which I should make the effort to look downright stupid, so I've signed up to the Shoepershoe Challenge and aim to wear every single one of my 54 pairs of shoes by February 14th 2012. A challenge indeed.

And here are my first ones!!

I am GOING to improve on my photography technique. Maybe with a proper camera, or an assistant, or something. Anyway, these are my favourite Dune wedges. I love them because they go with EVERYTHING and they are damn comfy to wear. I partnered them with my green dress from Gap-in-America, and a ubiquitous (for this time of year) grey cardie. Here's a close up.


I'm not much loving the 'cankles' in the picture, or the fact that they look a bit too big (they aren't) but at least my shoes can be admired in their full splendour. I actually got called glamorous at work whilst wearing them, which always makes me think of grannies, and feels like a bit of a backhanded compliment, but I guess you have to take it on the chin. I don't think I'm going to manage to wear all my shoes at work though - somehow I think my red, patent KGs or my purple and gold suede numbers might be a little on the overdressed side... 

2 comments:

  1. I love those Mary Janes, they go great with your outfit :)
    I totally understand the pain of taking outfit pictures!!! I'm still in the learning process of getting them right :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one strugglng with the photos - it's not easy! :-)

    ReplyDelete