Friday 7 January 2011

7th January 2011 - Friday dinner date!

Well, it's finally Friday, and I've managed to find a whole week full of things to feel happy about, which I think is an achievement in itself.

I was VERY pleased that it was finally Friday, I hope that everyone else struggles as much as I do during the first week back in work after the holidays. It has DRAGGED. I rewarded myself this afternoon with a slightly stale hobnob from the back of my desk drawer. Delicious. But not as delicious as my happy thing for today.

I meant to take a photo before I ate it, but I forgot. 

This evening, I went to play badminton with a group of friends who I used to work with. I've not played in ages, and considering this, I don't think I did too badly. At least, I didn't hit myself round the head with my own raquet, or fall over, or daydreamed too much in the middle of the game and forgotten I've been playing, all of which I've done before (probably on a more regular basis than I care to think about). Usually after badminton we all go for a drink and then wend our separate ways home. So tonight we all went and had our diet cokes and lime-and-sodas (sometimes driving can be so boooooring). After our usual conversations about where-we-all-worked-together and why-it-is-so-awful and the-managers-are-all-crap and ooh-who-is-shagging-who-now, my friend James invited a couple of us round for dinner. Now, James is always cooking dinners for his lovely wife, and they always sound fantastic, but up until now I have not had the opportunity to sample his culinary skills. Well, tonight I did, and as you can see, I hated every moment. Obviously I'm joking, because I stuffed my face. 

The even better thing is that James noticed me taking a photo of my empty bowl, but didn't ask me what the hell I was doing, which any normal person would have done if a guest started taking random photographs of their crockery. A true gentleman, and an excellent chef!     

No comments:

Post a Comment